Today I’m releasing the third episode of my new podcast, Wandering, with Thenuka! The theme of the podcast is to have conversations with people that have charted unconventional life paths.
My third guest is Marsha Wilson, formerly a singing balloonagram person, rollerskating carhop, superstock racecar pitcrew member and now co-founder and CEO of ScaleSec. ScaleSec is an independent professional services company building security and compliance programs for enterprise cloud.
In this conversation, we talk about:
- Recognizing happiness versus chasing it. What does this mean, and how does one realize this in everyday life?
- The limits of optimizing for productivity, and what lies beyond it.
- Social media, the tendency to compare against others and how to overcome it.
- Forbes 30 under 30 awards and the desire for younger people to try and succeed in life as quickly as they can.
- Embracing being average, and exploring what people can learn from being average in a given part of their life.
- Stirring serendipity as a way of life, and seeing opportunities as they arise.
- + a ton more!
I’ve curated 10 clips from our 1+ hour-long conversation that you can find below.
The limits of optimizing for productivity and what’s beyond it.
The interplay between taking the long view, managing oneself, and seeing the wonder in the world.
Don’t chase happiness. Recognize it.
Stirring the serendipity pot and seeing opportunities as they arise.
Social media, comparison to others and how to overcome it.
Forbes 30 under 30, and the pressure to succeed as early as possible.
Dealing with the pressure to find a passion in life, early on.
Learning from things you like vs. Things you don’t like.
Embracing the ups AND downs of life as part of the journey.
Being okay with being average and using it to your advantage.
If you’d like to watch the full 1+ hour conversation, you can do so below! Click the title of the video to watch it on YouTube.com if you want to see the timestamps as well!
Like what you’re reading? Consider subscribing to my newsletter! You’ll be notified whenever I release a new post.